PEP seeks to recruit a dynamic and visionary Executive Director to spur its continued development and increase the visibility of PEP and of the researchers it supports in national and international research and policy circles.
Find out more about PEP here.
About the job
Job type: Executive
Contract: Three year fixed term contract, with the possibility of renewal
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
The Executive Director has the overall primary management and oversight role in the organization. Her/his key responsibilities include the coordination and facilitation of the Partner Organizations and researchers responsible to implement PEP programs; the design and implementation of all strategic plans, programs and activities; oversight of financial and human resources to optimize the performance and effectiveness of the organization; public relations; and resource expansion among current and potential donors. Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director is responsible for ensuring the long-term sustainability of PEP and therefore supporting the regular review of its work.
Desired skills and experience
- PhD or equivalent in Economics or other relevant field
- Extensive knowledge and experience at a senior management level
- Very good knowledge of policy issues and challenges in low and middle income countries, in the areas relevant to PEP
- Experience in fund raising for research, and knowledge of research funders
- Demonstrated ability to work collegially in a team environment given the partnership and cooperative structure of the PEP Network
- We particularly encourage applications from developing country nationals and female candidates
- Working knowledge of French is an asset
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply with a detailed CV, including three referees, and a letter of motivation by Thursday, June 9, 2016.