February 2022Version 3.0 of the Distributive Analysis Stata Package (DASP) brings upgrades to facilitate distributive analysis and program evaluation work.
February 2022 – PEP is pleased to launch upgrades to the Distributive Analysis Stata Package (DASP), a tool to help researchers and policy analysts conduct distribution of living standards analysis using Stata (a data manipulation, visualisation, statistics and reporting software package).
This newest version, DASP 3.0, brings significant improvements to facilitate distributive analyses and program evaluations with Stata.
Key upgrades include:
- New modules for studying the progressivity of taxes, poverty targeting, pro-poorness of growth, and more
- New DASP Package Manager for working interactively with more than one data file
- Function to estimate indices with more than one population group variable (sex, rural or urban, etc.)
- Improved curves, including a function to display the confidence interval for many DASP curves
- Improved help files including click-and-watch examples for the most popular modules
- Function to save results in Excel (*.xlsx) format
- More options and flexibility added to a set of existing DASP modules
- Bug correction – check for updates to make sure you are using the most recent edition.
“These upgrades will allow researchers to improve the accuracy of their distributive analysis work, to inform better policymaking,” said Dr. Araar.