Comment on project 20000

Marcelo Bergolo

Comment on project 20000

Post by Marcelo Bergolo » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:14 pm

Hello Ivana,

Congrats on this interesting research and thanks for the effort that the team has put on it!

I have a question and one suggestion too. The question: Why do you think that the wage cut affected the younger and older women engaged in the public sector?

The suggestion: to complement the evidence you presented on heterogenous effect by age, it might be useful to explore the "destination" of those women that become inactive due to the policy change. I mean, is it the case that the older women transit to the retirement when became inactive? Similarly, is it the case that the young women have enrolled in the educational system when becoming inactive? I think that this type of analysis is important because the welfare implications of the policy would be different, for instance, if women become in "pure inactive" instead of transit to the retirement in thus receiving a pension.

Ivana Prokic

Re: Comment on project 20000

Post by Ivana Prokic » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:10 am

Dear Marcelo,

thank you for your compliments on the research and for your suggestion.

Indeed it would be interesting to investigate this topic further. We will explore your idea further and check if the data permit us to perform this kind of analysis.

Return to “Gender pay gap in times of austerity – PMMA 20000”