a few comments and suggestions

Luca Tiberti

a few comments and suggestions

Post by Luca Tiberti » Fri May 31, 2019 4:21 pm

Thanks for your presentation! Let me share a few suggestions and comments (that we already discussed):

- individuals still at school are excluded from the analysis: this is, unfortunately, another source of selection bias. While I am not suggesting you to introduce a 4th (!) equation in your estimation, but I encourage you to discuss and justify well this issue and choice in the paper;
- I would run a separate analysis looking just at those who did entrepreneurship or work during holidays and breaks. I expect that the effect may be different;
- IV: I find that the IVs are not convincing enough. First, discuss them theoretically (you must have a convincing economic argument). Then, I understand that students at primary and secondary schools experienced a reform (i.e., reduction of school fees): as discussed, I suggest you follow the approach by Duflo (enclosed) and use the exposition to the intensity of the reform as an instrument.
Attachments
aer.91.4.795.pdf
(401.08 KiB) Downloaded 14 times

Return to “PMMA-20280 - Occupational Preferences and Labour Market Skills Mismatch among Youths in Zambia”