It is a very interesting topic. The researchers have made a lot of progress from their first proposal to this final report.
The abstract could indicate better which policies are analyzed in the paper. The analysis tool should be mentioned as well. The results also briefly explained.
Missing the link between the literature review and the objective of the paper. What is missing in the literature on conflict and post-conflict Colombia and other countries that experienced the same situation? What are the key messages we can draw from the literature review? What does your paper contribute to the literature? Any CGE analysis on the topic of interest in Colombia or other similar countries?
An important effort has been made to build the SAM and to disaggregate the activities by level of conflict and size. This very high level of disaggregation ought to be put in context of the policy considered. As there are many dimensions, would this allow to capture the key messages of the impact analysis? In particular, because the share of the agricultural sector in GDP seems to be small. Is this not because the illicit sector is not included? The tables could be aggregated by main industry.
The CGE model
Develop a bit more the agricultural component as it is the main feature of your model. The closure rules are not clear. Discuss the assumption on the three major macro closure: investment-saving, government accounts, rest of the world accounts.
Application and results
For both scenarios, how do you incorporate the simulations in the CGE model?
Does it really make sense to make households pay for the policy as they have already suffered much? Is it all households?
You basically have near zero effect on macro variables and negative impacts on households. Notable impacts are on exports of coffee and production of corn.
Need to revise labor mobility assumptions. Corn workers end up in the public sector!
You have an increase in employment in the public sector probably because your simulation consists in increasing government current expenditure. Is this what you meant? You mention investment in your paper so that would be one of your policy variables?
Is there labor migration between municipalities? Or do you have a segmented labor market?
Table 10- is this the impact on sectoral GDP relative to the baseline? If so, as the impact seems t o be important, it would be interesting to have a table reflecting the contribution of the two sectors to national GDP.
So a policy aimed at improving the lives of the rural populations affected by the conflict ends up worsening their situation? We are missing something here. Does the policy need to be budget neutral? Are there no other sources of public expenditure finance? I would recommend you run the simulations with alternative closure rules. Also, the transmission mechanism could be better captured if the simulations are better specified that an increase in TFP following a public expenditure policy. If you have investment type of policies, this would have other effects as well.
- ↳ Gender analysis
- ↳ Child poverty
- ↳ Employment
- ↳ Poverty
- ↳ Community-based monitoring systems (CBMS)
- ↳ CGE & macro-micro policy modelling (MPIA)
- ↳ Microeconomics & distributive analysis (PMMA)
- ↳ Experimental research (PIERI)
- General information
- ↳ about PEP
- ↳ about this forum
- ↳ MPIA
- ↳ Politiques Agricoles, emploi et revenu des femmes au Burkina Faso – MPIA 20094
- ↳ L’impact de l’APE sur le travail décent des femmes: Quelle contribution des investissements publics? Une analyse en EGC Dynamique appliquée au cas du Sénégal – MPIA 19999
- ↳ Réformes agricoles, emploi et réduction de la pauvreté: une analyse en EGC dynamique – MPIA 20006
- ↳ Commodity Booms, Human Capital, and Economic Growth. An Application to Colombia – MPIA 20108
- ↳ The impact of fiscal reforms on poverty and income distribution in Tanzania: Macro-micro simulation modelling – MPIA 19971
- ↳ Resource allocation across industrial sectors, poverty and income inequality in Ethiopia: CGE modelling approach – MPIA 20030
- ↳ Assessment of the welfare, employment and gender impacts of policy options for renewable energy financing in Nigeria – MPIA 20261
- ↳ Assessing Macroeconomic Impact of Skill Development Programme in India: A CGE Analysis – MPIA 20232
- ↳ Simulating Impact of China-Pakistan Economic Corridor on Growth, Employment and Poverty in Pakistan – MPIA 20170
- ↳ Post-conflict and rural income in Colombia – MPIA 20290
- ↳ Exchange rate policy in a dollarized economy: Implications on growth and employment in Bolivia – MPIA 20260
- ↳ Can a Wage Subsidy be used to Improve Women’s Formal Employment in Zambia? – MPIA 20242
- ↳ Identifying Key Policy Options for Growth and Gainful Employment in Ghana – MPIA 20234
- ↳ Institutionalisation project for Mongolia - MPIA-19906
- ↳ PIERI
- ↳ The Impacts of Access to Free Childcare on Women’s Labor Market Outcomes and Children’s Cognitive Development – PIERI 13129
- ↳ Impact des Modèles Innovants de Conseil Agricole et d’Entrepreneuriat des Jeunes sur la Résilience et la Sécurité Alimentaire des Ménages au Bénin : Une Approche basée sur les Essais Aléatoires Contrôlés – PIERI 13014
- ↳ Stimulating SME performance and recovery in the aftermath of the Ebola crisis: Evidence from a business training intervention in Liberia – PIERI 12937
- ↳ Academic Ambassadors and the Diffusion of Digital Financial Services among the peruvian poor – PIERI 12942
- ↳ Can Mobile Money Induce Entrepreneurial and Financial Behaviors of Members of Village Savings and Loan Associations in Rural Southern Malawi? – PIERI 20281
- ↳ Extending Financial Access To The Poor: Evidence From Gambia – PIERI 20165
- ↳ Overcoming Constraints on Labor Force Entry – PIERI 20211
- ↳ Microfinance and intra-household decision making: An experimental study in rural Cambodia – PIERI 20208
- ↳ PMMA
- ↳ Financial inclusion and gender disparity in risk appetite for micro, small and medium enterprises performance: Evidence from Ethiopia – PMMA 19978
- ↳ Rural nonfarm engagement and agriculture commerciali-zation in Ghana: complements or competitors? – PMMA 19983
- ↳ Labor force participation for educated females and gender wage gap in Palestine – PMMA 20015
- ↳ Cognitive skills, entrepreneurship, and economic growth in Indonesia – PMMA 20026
- ↳ Non-farm participation, agriculture productivity and farmers welfare in East-Africa – PMMA 20055
- ↳ Gender pay gap in times of austerity – PMMA 20000
- ↳ Youth unemployment and transition from School to work in Benin – PMMA 20083
- ↳ Informal employment and labor market policies. The case of domestic workers in Uruguay – PMMA 20102
- ↳ Examining the Impact of Early Childbearing on Labor Market Outcomes – Research Fellows
- ↳ Gender and Age Diversity to Forster Innovation and Productivity Growth – PMMA 20201
- ↳ Do out-migration and remittances induce shifts to non-farm entrepreneurship among the left-behind? Evidence from Nepal – PMMA 20166
- ↳ Access to child care and mothers’ employment quality: lessons from Chile – PMMA 20279
- ↳ Migration, Remittances and Child Schooling in Rural Cambodia – PMMA 20209
- ↳ Analysis of youth underemployment in Macedonia, Montenegro and Serbia – PMMA 19985
- ↳ Employment vulnerability, earnings and subjective well-being in Kyrgyzstan – PMMA 20167
- ↳ Understanding youth entrepreneurship in Benin: the role of microcredit uptake and entrepreneur capacity building – PMMA 20272
- ↳ Can urbanization improve household welfare and provide inclusive opportunities? The case of urban expansion in Ethiopia – PMMA 20210
- ↳ Occupational preferences and labour market skills mismatch among youth in Zambia – PMMA 20280
- ↳ Civil conflict and labor market outcomes in Sierra Leone – PMMA 20257
- ↳ CBMS
- ↳ Incorporating Gender Dimension in Policy Research
- ↳ Defining and Measuring Equity in Opportunity
- ↳ Local Governance
- ↳ Determinants of Youth Unemployment and Labour Market Transition in Botswana
- ↳ Determinants of Financial Inclusion for Youth Entrepreneurship: Evidences from Addis Ababa and Shirka Wereda, Ethiopia
- ↳ Does addressing gender inequalities and empowering women improve development programme outcomes? The Case of C:AVA project in Ghana
- ↳ Social Capital and Women’s Empowerment in Kenya: Case Study of Murang’a County
- ↳ Understanding the Challenges of Financial Inclusion of Rural Women’s Entrepreneurship
- ↳ Agricultural investments, labor productivity and rural poverty reduction: gender disparities in Togo
- ↳ A Livelihood Approach to Understand Financial Inclusion as informed by the Community Based Monitoring System (CBMS) Study in Katakwi Sub-County of Katakwi District
- ↳ SDG Report of Botswana
- ↳ SDG Report of CBMS Ethiopia Project Site (Addis Ababa Sub City, Wereda 10)
- ↳ Localizing the Sustainable Development Goals in Ghana using the CBMS
- ↳ SDG Profile of Gikindu Location, Murang’a County Kenya
- ↳ Monitoring Poverty in rural Nicaragua through the Community Based Monitoring System: A SDGs and MPI report
- ↳ Analysis of SDG’s indicators and Poverty Profile of Danyi Attigba-Elavagnon, Dalave and Gblainvie township at Togo
- ↳ Community Response to Localisation of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs): A profile on relevant Indicators
- 2019 PEP Annual Conference
- ↳ MPIA
- ↳ MPIA-20242 - Can a Wage Subsidy be used to Improve Women’s Formal Employment in Zambia?
- ↳ MPIA-20234 - Identifying key policy options for growth and gainful employment in Ghana
- ↳ MPIA-20261 - Assessment of the welfare, employment and gender impacts of policy options for renewable energy financing in Nigeria
- ↳ MPIA-20290 - Post-conflict and rural income in Colombia
- ↳ MPIA-20260 - Exchange rate policy in a dollarized economy: Implications on growth and employment in Bolivia
- ↳ MPIA-19906 - Institutionalisation project for Mongolia
- ↳ PIERI
- ↳ PIERI-20281 - Can Mobile Money Induce Entrepreneurial and Financial Behaviors of Members of Village Savings and Loan Associations in Rural Southern Malawi?
- ↳ PIERI-20165 - Extending Financial Access To The Poor: Evidence From Gambia
- ↳ PIERI-13129 - The Impacts of Access to Free Childcare on Women's Labor Market Outcomes and Children's Cognitive Development
- ↳ PIERI-13014 - Impact des Modèles Innovants de Conseil Agricole et d'Entrepreneuriat des Jeunes sur la Résilience et la Sécurité Alimentaire des Ménages au Bénin
- ↳ PIERI-12937 - Stimulating SME performance and recovery in the aftermath of the Ebola crisis: Evidence from a busine
- ↳ PIERI-12942 - Academic Ambassadors and the Diffusion of Digital Financial Services among the peruvian poor
- ↳ PMMA
- ↳ PMMA-20201 - Gender and Age Diversity to Foster Innovation and Productivity Growth
- ↳ PMMA-20166 - Do out-migration and remittances induce shifts to non-farm entrepreneurship among the left-behind? Evidence from Nepal
- ↳ Research Fellows - Examining the impact of early childbearing on education, literacy and labour market outcomes in seven developing countries
- ↳ PMMA-20209 - Migration, Remittances and Child Schooling in Rural Cambodia
- ↳ PMMA-20167 - Employment vulnerability, earnings and subjective well-being in Kyrgyzstan
- ↳ PMMA-20257 - Civil conflict and labor market outcomes in Sierra Leone
- ↳ PMMA-20210 - Can Urbanization Improve Household Welfare and Provide Inclusive Opportunities? The Case of Urban Expansion in Ethiopia
- ↳ PMMA-20272 - Understanding youth entrepreneurship in Benin: the role of microcredit uptake and entrepreneur capacity building
- ↳ Research Fellows - Examining the Impact of Early Childbearing on Education, Labor Force Participation and Earnings in Brazil
- ↳ PMMA-20280 - Occupational Preferences and Labour Market Skills Mismatch among Youths in Zambia
- ↳ PMMA-20279 - Access to child care and mothers' employment quality: lessons from Chile
- ↳ CBMS
- ↳ Government IE Mentoring
- 2019 PEP Special General Meeting
- ↳ MPIA
- ↳ MPIA-20391 - Impact des investissements publics sur l’emploi et la productivité des femmes dans les secteurs agricoles et non agricoles dans un contexte de dépendance économique aux ressources naturelles : Cas de la RDC.
- ↳ MPIA-20398 - Analyse par un modèle d’équilibre général calculable de l’impact de la stratégie d’investissement 2019-2023 du Sénégal dans les secteurs moteurs sur la participation au marché du travail et l’emploi des femmes et des jeunes et le bien être de
- ↳ MPIA-20419 - Adaptation au Changement climatique, genre et la pauvreté au Burkina Faso: une analyse macro-micro
- ↳ MPIA-20453 - Politique d’emploi et File d’attente sur le marché du travail : cas du Sénégal
- ↳ MPIA-20397 - The Impacts of Electrification on Employment, Poverty, and Gender in Nigeria
- ↳ MPIA-20414 - Public Investment on National Food Security Programs in Nigeria: A CGE Analysis of the Macroeconomic, Welfare and Gender Impact on Small Farm Holders in Nigeria.
- ↳ MPIA-20426 - Financial inclusion and women investment in low-income countries
- ↳ MPIA-20448 - Assessing the economic and social impacts of the Nigerian rural electrification project using a gender computable general equilibrium model
- ↳ MPIA-20452 - CGE-microsimulation analysis of government infrastructure investment and interventions in South African rural economy: focus on rural economic development, food security, poverty and gender
- ↳ MPIA-20456 - Investments in the agricultural sector and poverty reduction in Guinea-Bissau: an analysis with CGE model
- ↳ PMMA
- ↳ PMMA-20386 - The gender gap in smallholder agricultural productivity: The case of Cameroon
- ↳ PMMA-20395 - The impact of non-farm income on livelihoods in rural Zimbabwe: A gendered perspective
- ↳ PMMA-20460 - Programme de Microcrédit aux Plus Pauvres et autonomisation des femmes en milieu rural au Bénin: Une approche quasi-expérimentale
- ↳ PMMA-20443 - Credit constraints, agricultural productivity and household welfare in Burkina Faso: a gender perspective
- ↳ PMMA-20428 - The unintended consequences of the Malawi Farm Input Subsidy Programme (FISP): Women's entrepreneurship and financial inclusion.
- ↳ PMMA-20429 - L'inclusion financiere promeut-elle le genre de l'entrepreneur au Benin ?
- ↳ PMMA-20418 - Women's Employment Issue in Rural Senegal: What Can We Learn About the Shift From Farm Activities to Diversification Strategies?
- ↳ PMMA-20449 - The role of non-farming activities on rural farming households in Lesotho: a gender perspective
- ↳ PMMA-20454 - Electrification rurale, autonomisation de la femme et bien-être du ménage en milieu rural en Côte D'Ivoire
- ↳ PMMA-20396 - Accessing finance for productive rural employment opportunities for women in Benin
- ↳ Government IE Mentoring
- Research Fellows
- ↳ Research Fellows
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest