What about heterogenous effects. It seems important in order to assess so many countries

jdavalos

What about heterogenous effects. It seems important in order to assess so many countries

Post by jdavalos » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:21 am

The wide scope of context motivates to obtain context specific lessons, by for instance, specifying heterogenous effects. Factors such as initial conditions i.e. wealth, parents education, cultural characteristics proxied by ethnic indicators (some ethnic groups tend to be more supportive to childbearing), childcare facilities provided by the public services, etc. The high heterogeneity these factors may exhibit across countries is I believe the most important contribution of this proposal.

There will be technical difficulties like the fact of having as many endogenous regressors as interactions with moderator factors, yet this can be dealt with by choosing a SEM approach or by extending the classical IV. I think these are challenges that can be addressed by the available methods in the applied econometrics literature.

Congrats for the good proposal

Return to “Examining the Impact of Early Childbearing on Labor Market Outcomes – Research Fellows”