PEP publicizes events and opportunities from the development research community that may be of interest to its members.
American Institutes for Research (AIR) seeks researchers specializing in women’s collectives and women’s empowerment in East-Africa.
AIR is leading a research initiative aiming to strengthen the evidence on the impact and cost-effectiveness of female empowerment collectives. They also provide technical assistance to the gender equality team of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF) and its evaluation partners.
They synthesize existing evidence on women’s empowerment collectives in India and East Africa to provide guidance for future evaluations of women’s empowerment collectives.
To support their work, AIR are seeking experts based in East Africa to serve as consultants on the impact and cost-effectiveness of women’s collectives research. The consultants will serve as a thought partner for AIR and BMGF.
This is a four-year part-time consultancy.
There is one position for a researcher using qualitative skills and one for a researcher using quantitative skills.
In both positions you will:
- Contribute to AIR’s broader analysis of different types of women’s empowerment collectives that are implemented in East-Africa and ways in which they operate
- Collect primary and secondary data from different interlocutors that will range from implementers, governmental and non-government organizations, as well as participants in women’s collective
- Co-author papers on the impact and cost-effectiveness of women’s collectives
You will also:
- Contribute to technical assistance to the gender equality team at BMGF and its evaluation partners using qualitative or quantitative research skills (respectively)
- Help analyze qualitative or quantitative data (respectively)
Find out more about these opportunities, including eligibility requirements and how to apply on the AIR website.
- Researcher: Women’s Collective Specialist in East-Africa (Qualitative)
- Researcher: Women’s Collective Specialist in East-Africa (Quantitative)
For information or questions about this opportunity, please contact the organizers directly.