PEP publicizes news and events from the development research community that may be of interest to its members.
South Asian Network on Economic Modeling (SANEM) invites submissions for the Third SANEM-World Bank North America Discussion Forum 2019 to be held on July 12, 2019 at the World Bank premises in Washington, D.C., USA.
The event, organized jointly by SANEM and the World Bank Group, aims to promote quality economic research among academics, policy advocates, researchers, students and young aspiring economists living in the North American region as well as in other parts of the globe.
Papers should be relevant to any of the following themes:
- Emerging challenges in global trade and implications for South Asia
- Challenges of financing inclusive development in South Asia
- Structural transformation in South Asia
- Challenges for industrialization in South Asia
- Labor market, employment and demographic challenges in South Asia
- Macroeconomic policies in South Asia in the context of emerging global challenges
- Social policies in South Asia in the context of emerging global challenges
- Environment policies in South Asia in the context of emerging global challenges
Those wishing to attend the event should register online by June 25, 2019.
Abstract submission deadline: April 10, 2019
Visit the SANEM website for more information, including submission guidelines.
For information or questions about this opportunity and the event, please contact the organizers directly.