PEP publicizes news and events from the development research community that may be of interest to its members.
The Faculty of Economics at the South Asian University (SAU) invites paper submissions for the 5th International Conference on South Asian Economic Development to be held February 21-22, 2019, in New Delhi, India.
Theoretical and empirical contributions, from various methodological perspectives and alternative theoretical paradigms, in all areas of economic research that are of relevance to South Asia are welcome. This may include (but not limited to):
- Political economy of development in South Asia.
- Microeconomic and macroeconomic issues in development economics (including issues from the fields of information economics, behavioral economics, public economics, banking and finance, international trade, industrial organization, etc.), with a focus on South Asia.
- Nature of economic growth and its implications for poverty, inequality, and economic and social exclusion in South Asia.
- nteractions of the growth process with socio-economic identities (including identities of gender, caste, religion, and ethnicity) in South Asia.
- Issues related to labor markets and quality of employment in South Asia.
- Sectoral dynamics of economic growth and its implications in the context of South Asia.
- Economics of health and education in South Asia.
- Issues in ecological, environmental and energy economics, with a focus on South Asia.
- Economic policies and issues of governance, including those related to the institutional frameworks and structures in South Asia.
Submission is open to all, though researchers working or studying in organizations based in SAARC member countries (namely Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka) are particularly encouraged to submit papers.
Submission deadline: November 15, 2018
For more information about this call, including submission instructions and travel grants, please visit the conference website.
For questions about this call or the conference, please visit the conference website or contact the organizers.