PEP publicizes news and events from the development research community that may be of interest to its members.
The International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD)’s Research and Impact Assessment Division (RIA) is seeking three post-docs for a two-year appointment as UN Temporary Professional Officersfrom July 1, 2019.
Post-Docs will be engaged in RIA's activities and provide support in the following areas:
- Impact Assessment Projects using ex-post non-experimental approaches
- Policy relevant research papers to be published in peer reviewed journal on issues of relevance for IFAD-RIA
- Production of policy notes and briefs
The positions will focus on empirical analysis of agricultural household data from developing countries: impact evaluation data and LSMS-type household level data. Post-Docs will be involved in all activities throughout the project cycle of the Impact Assessment Studies (Planning, Implementation, Analysis, Report Writing and Dissemination).
Potential candidates must have:
- Completed their PhD no earlier than May 2018
- Excellent writing skills in English
- Prior field work experience
- Experience in Impact Assessment
- Ability to work in one or more of the following languages: French, Spanish, Portuguese, Arabic.
Application submission deadline: May 10, 2019.
Interested candidates should complete the online application form.
Please note that IFAD-RIA is only able to respond to applicants who are short-listed for interview. Candidates who do not receive any feedback within one month from the deadline should consider their application unsuccessful.
For information or questions about this opportunity and the event, please contact the organizers directly.