PEP publicizes news and events from the development research community that may be of interest to its members.
The organizers invite abstracts and papers on the theme of “Governance of Africa’s Social Policy: Subverting Development and Democracy?” for the 2019 Social Policy in Africa Conference, to be held November 25-27 at the University of South Africa, City of Tshwane, South Africa.
Abstracts and papers are invited in the following thematic areas.
- Governance of Africa’s social policy
- Democracy and the governance of Africa’s social policy
- Social policy making in Africa: Actors, agency, and policy space
- Poverty and inequality in Africa.
- Redressing health inequalities: Ensuring access to quality health care
- Pension systems reform and income security in old age
- Critical perspectives on social protection
- Non-formal social provisioning: African experiences
- Land and agrarian reform: Social policy perspectives
The conference also invites papers in the broad areas of social policy not directly concerned with the theme of the 2019 conference.
Note that a very limited number of travel support grants will be available for accepted paper presenters and the organizers cannot guarantee that the authors of accepted papers will receive full sponsorship for the conference.
Submit by August 30, 2019
Download the full call and visit the UNRISD website for more about this opportunity, including deadlines and how to submit.
For information or questions about this opportunity and the event, please contact the organizers directly.