PEP seeks to employ a qualified Senior Program Officer to support the Executive Director and PEP Research Directors in program management, project development, and capacity building activities at the global level.
Find out more about PEP.
About the job
The selected candidate will work closely and interface widely with program administrative, monitoring and evaluation and coordination staff. The position will be based at the PEP Global Secretariat in Nairobi, Kenya and will report directly to the Executive Director.
The position is for an initial fixed-term of two (2) years, renewable based on performance and availability of funds. The position comes with an attractive and competitive package. Qualified women are particularly encouraged to apply.
Specific responsibilities of the position will include
- Support the Executive Director (ED) and PEP Research Directors in developing high quality grant proposals in strategic priority themes worldwide
- Support the ED in managing flagship and special initiatives in program design, coordination and reporting to donors
- Assist in the coordination of programs/capacity building activities
- Assist senior management in the development of annual work plans by preparing program activities and budgets and consolidating into a corporate annual workplan
- Assist senior management in program execution by monitoring and analyzing project-related information and reporting on the implementation of workplans on a quarterly basis
- Support senior management in preparing technical documents and in organizing annual conferences, policy dialogues and other functions
- Support and participate in PEP research as much as feasible in the context of his/her overall duties.
- Support other related technical and managerial activities in support of global initiatives and work plans as well as any other duties and miscellaneous tasks as may be assigned by the ED
Essential qualifications and skills
- A Ph.D. in Development Economics, Development Studies, Public Policy or other related fields and at least three years’ experience in coordination of research
- Experience in developing and writing high quality concept notes and project proposals
- Understanding of development policy research and issues related to inclusive growth and sustainable development in the developing regions
- Hands-on experience with a statistical software
- Practical skills and familiarity with results-oriented program management
- Knowledge in use of MS Office applications
- Scientific writing ability and communications skills in English
- An effective and energetic team player, with the ability to work in a multidisciplinary and multicultural environment
- Willing to travel widely
- Strong self-motivation and innovative skills, with capacity to work independently and meeting deadlines
- Ability and willingness to allocate time flexibly into program management, coordination and supporting research teams in project design and implementation in selected priority areas
- Interest and motivation to leverage knowledge and experience for building a highly effective and well-coordinated global research agenda for delivering impact
- Familiarity with web publishing and interactive social media
- Working knowledge of French or Spanish
How to apply
Applications will be accepted up to May 30, 2018, or until the position is filled.
Please submit your letter of motivation with a detailed CV/resume, stating current position, current and expected remuneration, email and telephone contacts, and the names and full contact details of three referees to firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy to email@example.com