PEP seeks to employ a qualified Resource Mobilization Manager to support the organization's planning, development and management of resource mobilization activities.
Find out more about PEP.
About the job
The selected candidate will work closely with the Research Directors, communications and coordination staff. The position will be based at the PEP Global Secretariat in Nairobi, Kenya.
The position is for an initial fixed-term of two (2) years, renewable based on performance and availability of funds. The position comes with an attractive and competitive package. Qualified women are particularly encouraged to apply.
Specific responsibilities of the position will include
- Develop and implement a Resource Mobilization Strategy;
- Manage the resource mobilization functions by monitoring and reporting on the Resource Mobilization Strategy implementation;
- Spearhead proposal development efforts ensuring efficient coordination with teams and the submission of high quality grant proposals in strategic priority themes worldwide;
- Continually seek innovative means of attracting new donors;
- Engage in donor relationship management to ensure donor retention and upgrades while capturing new development partners;
- Identify and cultivate relations with strategic implementing partners for prospective consortium style initiatives;
- Represent PEP at key strategic forums both locally and internationally, as required.
- Download the announcement for more details.
Essential qualifications and skills
- A Master’s degree (minimum) in International Development/International Relations/Strategic Management/Economics or other relevant field;
- At least ten years of relevant work experience, with at least three years in a senior role in the international development sector;
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, networking and communication skills;
- Excellent leadership, coordination and relationship building skills;
- Current knowledge of development issues, strategies, as well as programming policies and procedures in international development cooperation;
- Proven ability to conceptualize, innovate, plan and execute ideas, as well as to impart knowledge and teach skills;
- Demonstrated engagement with diverse donors and development partners;
- An effective and energetic team player, with the ability to work in a multidisciplinary and multicultural environment;
- Strong self-motivation and innovative skills, with capacity to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of grant management, monitoring and evaluation practices;
- Understanding of development policy research and issues related to inclusive growth and sustainable development in the developing regions;
- Familiarity with web publishing and interactive social media;
- Working knowledge of French and/or Spanish will be an advantage.
How to apply
Applications will be accepted up to August 24, 2018, or until the position is filled, whichever is earlier.
Please submit your letter of motivation with a detailed CV/resume, stating current position, current and expected remuneration, email and telephone contacts, and the names and full contact details of three referees to email@example.com