Household Vulnerability Analysis of Climate Change Impact to Food Insecurity
This research initiative is a technical collaboration between the Community-Based Monitoring System (CBMS) Network Team of the DLSU Angelo King Institute for Economic and Business Studies and the Food Agriculture Organization (FAO) of the United Nations which generally aims to analyze the impacts of climate change on food security in the Philippines.
In particular, the project aims to:
- Examine the nature and extent of vulnerability of households in the Philippines to the impacts of climate change on food security
- Prepare a profile of vulnerable groups using available data
- Process and analyze available regional, provincial, municipal/city and household level indicators of vulnerability to food insecurity
- Identify channels and indicators of the impacts of climate change on food security
- Assess the relative efficiency of different policy tools or adaptation measures simulating a range of policy options
- Disseminate findings and recommendations to key stakeholders.
This work is being carried out in support of the "Assessments of Climate Change Impacts, and Mapping of Vulnerability to Food Insecurity under Climate Change to Strengthen Household Food Security with Livelihoods Adaptation Approaches" (AMICAF) program of the FAO.
Dissemination Activity during the
10th CBMS National Conference March 25, 2014, Tuesday
|Session 7:Climate Change Adaptation and Food Security||
Session Chair: Dr. Roberto Sandoval, Jr.
Climate Change Specialist, FAO-AMICAF
|1:30-1:35||Overview of the Session|
|1:35-1:45||Analysis and Mapping of Impacts under Climate Change for adaptation and Food Security||
Presenter: Dr. Eulito Bautista
Project Manager-Philippines, FAO-AMICAF
|1:45:2:00||Impacts of Climate Change on Rainfall and Temperature||
Presenter: Mr. Anthony Lucero
OIC-Climate Monitoring and Prediction Section.
Philippine Atmospheric Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (PAGASA)
|2:00-2:15||Climate Change Adaptation Results in Bicol||
Presenter: Mr. Lorenzo Alvina
Agriculturist, Department of Agriculture
|2:15-2:30||Using CBMS Data to Analyze Impact of Climate Change on Food Security||
Presenter: Mr. Joel E. Bancolita,
CBMS International Network Coordinating Team
CBMS Network Office, DLSU
|2:30-2:45||Using National Food and Nutrition Survey Data to Analyze Impact of Climate Change on Food Security||
Presenter: Mr. Eldridge B. Ferrer
Science Research Specialist
Food Nutrition Research Institute. Department of Science and Technology