PEP publicizes news and events from the development research community that may be of interest to its members.
The National Research Foundation (NRF) of South Africa in partnership with the Oliver and Adelaide Tambo Foundation, and supported by the International Development Research Centre (IDRC) of Canada, are pleased to announce the OR Tambo Africa Research Chairs Call for Expressions of Interest by African public research-intensive universities.
The initiative is named after Oliver Reginald Tambo, the pre-eminent South African leader and advocate of science and technology, and will support up to 10 top researchers from across Africa over the next five years.
The key objectives of the initiative are to:
- Contribute to expanded research and innovation capacities in and for Africa, in alignment with AU Agenda 2063 and STISA 2024;
- Attract and retain excellent researchers and scientists within Africa’s higher education system;
- Contribute to Africa’s global research competitiveness while responding to the continent’s socio-economic needs;
- Contribute to Africa’s career pathways for young and mid-career researchers, with a strong research, innovation and human capital development output trajectory; and
- Honour and promote the legacy of OR Tambo, emulating his values of professional excellence, integrity, inclusiveness, honesty, humility and respect for human dignity.
African public research-intensive universities are invited to submit expressions of interest to the NRF by February 21, 2019.
To find out more about this call and how to apply, visit the NRF website.
For questions about this opportunity, please contact the organizers.