As part of the 13th CBMS-Philippines National Conference to be held on March 1-3, 2017, the CBMS Network Office of the De La Salle University-Angelo King Institute for Economic and Business Studies will be giving recognition to its partner local government units (LGU) in the Philippines in the following categories:
- Best CBMS Advocacy Video
- Best CBMS Photo
Qualified local government units are invited to submit entries with reference to the guidelines provided in detail below.
- Applicant must be a Local Government Unit (LGU) in the Philippines with at least one round of CBMS implementation using CBMS Accelerated Poverty Profiling (APP).
- Category 1 (advocacy video): Entries should show the value or importance of CBMS for the development of the locality (or the members of the community), its uses in the community for evidence-based planning and impact-monitoring, disaster risk reduction management, and targeted service delivery.
- Category 2 (photo): Entries (maximum of three per LGU) should capture actual conduct of any of the core activities of the CBMS APP process in the locality such as CBMS APP local training workshops, field data collection and data processing, poverty mapping, community data validation workshops, and presentation or dissemination of CBMS findings.
- Participating LGUs that win three times in the same category will be honored in the CBMS LGU Awards Hall of Fame, and will be exempt from joining the succeeding round of competition.
- Participating LGUs must grant the CBMS Network Office of the DLSU-AKI use of the entries for CBMS publications and on its website.
CBMS Advocacy Video: The file should be in .avi, .mov, .mp4 or .mpeg format. The video should run for not more than 3 minutes.
CBMS Photo: A caption (1 or 2 statements) clearly describing what is shown in each picture should also be submitted, including the date and location where the photo was taken. Maximum of 3 photo entries per LGU. Photos to be submitted should be in .jpg or .png format and of high resolution. Each file of the photo must be raw i.e. not edited, filtered or combined (multiple photos in one picture file will not be accepted).
We are, therefore, inviting LGU partners to submit entries for the abovementioned categories. Entries may be submitted electronically through the following e-mail addresses: email@example.com and/or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate in the subject line of your e-mail CBMS Special Awards 2017, the name of your LGU and the category in which the entry is being submitted.
Deadline for submitting entries for all Categories is February 5, 2017.
LGUs whose entries are shortlisted will be notified through e-mail or by phone by the Conference Secretariat. The shortlisted entries will be posted in the CBMS International Network Group page (https://www.facebook.com/groups/CBMSNetwork/).
CRITERIA FOR SELECTION OF WINNERS
Winning entries will be selected based on the following criteria:
|(Number of “Likes” on the entry posted in the CBMS International Network Facebook Page) Official voting on face book will commence on February 7, 2017 and will end on March 2, 2017 at 10:00 pm.|
|50%||On-site Votes of Delegates for the duration of the 13th CBMS National Conference|
|Each registered delegate will be issued 1 stub to vote for each category when they get their conference IDs. Corresponding drop boxes for each entry per category will be stationed in designated areas during the conference. Official voting will start on the first day of the conference and end on March 2, 2017 at 5:00 pm|
Each delegate who participates in on-site voting will get a chance to win exciting raffle prizes.
Winning entries for all categories will be announced on March 3, 2017 during the closing ceremony of the 13th CBMS-Philippines National Conference.