|Register ONLINE here|
|Call for Papers for Presentation|
|CBMS Special Awards|
14th CBMS Philippines National Conference
March 5-7, 2018
Novotel Manila Araneta Center
About the Conference
The annual CBMS-Philippines national conference gathers partners and stakeholders from the national and local government units across the country to discuss current developments, findings, and best practices on the implementation and uses of the community-based monitoring system (CBMS).
Since 2000, local government units in the Philippines have been using the CBMS as a tool for local planning and budgeting, poverty diagnosis, program targeting and implementation, and monitoring. The CBMS has also provided the necessary organized platform to build capacities of LGUs to produce relevant disaggregated data and establish local level databases to localize the millennium development goals (MDGs). The data gathered has also facilitated the implementation of other initiatives, including bottom-up planning and budgeting and preparation, hazard and vulnerability mapping, and the preparation and implementation of disaster risk reduction management and climate change adaptation plans.
The CBMS Network Office, based at the De La Salle University –Angelo King Institute for Economic and Business Studies in Manila, is organizing the conference.
See previous conferences here:
Conference Registration Fees
We are offering the following registration fee package rates for the conference:
Live-out Registration Package*
P 6,000/NETT/person. This includes conference registration fees, snacks and lunch, conference souvenir program and materials, and guaranteed (pre-assigned by the organizers) seat/table in the plenary meeting room for the 3-day conference. Deadline for conference registration is January 31, 2018.
- P 5,500/NETT/PERSON. This package shall be offered only to participants who would complete their registration payment not later than December 31, 2017. This package includes conference registration fees, snacks and lunch, conference souvenir program and materials, a limited edition CBMS bag, and reserved priority seat/table at the plenary session room for the 3-day conference
*Note that live-out participants are expected to arrange and pay for their own travel, hotel accommodation, breakfast and dinner arrangements separately.
- Live-In Conference Fee Package. Latest information about available live-in conference registration package rates including conference registration fee, snacks/lunch/materials for the 3-day conference, and hotel room accommodation can be viewed here.
We encourage participants who want to be seated together to complete their registration via Group Registration.
To confirm your participation in the conference, please complete the conference registration form here.
Acceptance of conference registration will be confirmed to the participant by the CBMS Network office through an official e-mail providing the details of the conference seat/table reference number with a DLSU Official Receipt of Payment Reference Number. Participants are required to show this official notification at the designated registration desk for pre-registered participants.
Payment of registration fees can be remitted by cash or check deposit payment payable to De La Salle University, Inc. through any of the following accounts:
|Land Bank of the Philippines
Account name: De La Salle University, Inc.
Account no.: 0592 - 1063 – 02
Account type: Current Account
Branch name: Taft Avenue Branch
|United Coconut Planters Bank
Account name: De La Salle University, Inc.
Account no.: 120-1147119
Account type: Peso Savings Account
Branch name: P.Ocampo Branch
Call for Papers for Presentations
All local government units (LGUs), implementing the Community-Based Monitoring System Accelerated Poverty Profiling (CBMS APP) in the Philippines, are invited to submit proposals for papers to be presented during the 14th CBMS-Philippines National Conference. Proposed papers should be able to document and discuss the actual uses and applications of CBMS for evidence-based policymaking and program implementation specifically relating to (but not limited to) any of the following areas of concern:
- Bottom up planning and budgeting
- Targeting and Monitoring of a national or LGU-initiated program to address priority needs of any of the following sectors:
- Indigenous Peoples (IPs)
- Persons with Disabilities (PWDs)
- Elderly/Senior Citizens
- Households in hazard/disaster prone or conflict areas
- Disaster preparedness and rehabilitation
Migration and Development
- Monitoring the sustainable development goals (SDGs)
Improving Transparency and Accountability in Local Governance
LGU proponents must have completed at least one round of the CBMS census using the CBMS-Accelerated Poverty Profiling (APP).
Interested LGUs to present in the conference may submit the following requirements through their DILG Regional Office not later than November 15, 2017:
- Official letter of intent to present in the conference
- A one-page abstract (summary) of the proposed presentation, double spaced at 12 size font, which includes and highlights the following information:
- Title of Presentation
- Name of Presenter and Position in the LGU
- 2 to 3 statements on the major benefits and actual uses to the LGU of its adoption of CBMS in the locality in the context of any of the above-mentioned topics
- Brief background statements on the reason/s for the adoption of CBMS by the LGU and current status (i.e. cite first CBMS census round, and latest round (if doing 2nd or 3rd round-which ever is applicable) of CBMS implementation.
Only LGUs with approved proposed presentations will be notified by the CBMS Network Coordinating Team and will be provided with full guidelines for the preparation of the paper and presentation.
CBMS Network Office
De La Salle University (DLSU)-Angelo King Institute for Economic and Business Studies
10th Floor Angelo King International Center, Estrada Cor. Arellano Ave., Malate, Manila
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com
Tel. Number: (02) 5262067 or 2305100 loc. 2461
Fax Number: (02) 5262067
Website | Facebook Page | Facebook Group